Monday, August 6, 2007

What's the Price of Disobedience?

I'm scared right now. I believe that my church has just said, "NO" to God. That scares me. I hope we get a chance to come back to Him. I've seen the consequences of disobedience before. I don't want to see it again. I hate this feeling. I'm mad and it makes me physically sick. I'm mad at some specific people and I hate that, too. But mostly, I'm scared. When the Children of Israel said that the giants in the Promised Land were just too big, it wasn't just those who voted "NO" that had to wander in the wilderness for 40 years.

What is it about faith that 26% of my brothers and sisters don't understand? How many of God's promises don't they believe?

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." (Phil. 4:19)

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." (Eph. 3:20-21)

I think the worst part was having to explain to my 5th grader why 26% of our church doesn't want our children to have space to fit comfortably and grow. (not to mention why 26% beats 74%!)

My prayer is that, despite those of little faith, my church family will continue to increase. Those children will continue to invite their friends from school to be part of God's family. Those children will bring their parents to discover what they've found. If we have to go to 5 Sunday Schools, we'll do what it takes to REACH PEOPLE WHO NEED THE LORD!

1 comment:

  1. Well put. We must continue on. I would love 5 Sunday Schools. Actually, we could start home groups then.

    ReplyDelete