Monday, December 17, 2007

I Love My Girls

Tonight was our staff Christmas Party. It was at Bro. Neil's new house. We decided no kids. (Well, Silas came but he's under 6 months.) Anyway, my eldest suggested that they all go to the movies together. Neil has 4 kids, 3 of them girls. We have 3 girls. Danny has a girl. (Dr. T's youngest would probably have joined the party, but she was making $$ babysitting for Bro. Mark's 2 little ones.) Neil's oldest and our oldest are college freshmen and they took 6 little girls to the movies. Our eldest's boyfriend came and brought his little sister, too. (One guy with 8 girls!) After the movie they came back to our house for supper. I love the fact that they are all such good friends.
When Mr. H and I got home, the house was spotless and M was baking cookies for her class party tomorrow. Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky.
Then I realize that it's not ALWAYS so easy. But when it IS easy, it's harder to remember the times that parenting isn't a piece of cake (or a batch of cookies)

No comments:

Post a Comment