Saturday, April 5, 2008

Not Where I Was Looking

I put out my hummingbird feeder a few days ago because I thought I heard a hummer buzz by my head. The feeder is right outside my front door so I can keep an eye on it. I haven't seen any takers. Now I know why.

Last week I bought some new hanging baskets for my front porch. Two of them are asparagus ferns and 2 are some sort of purple flower. I was just looking out the window towards our neighbor's house where L and her friend were playing in the yard, and was surprised to see a hummingbird at the purple flowers. I guess, given the choice, they like the real thing better.

I went to get my camera and naturally, as soon as I wanted to get him drinking from the flowers, he moved to the feeder. After a few sips here, a friend of his came along and they flew off together. I tried to get them together, but they were too fast for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment