Thursday, November 13, 2008

Article of Value

This morning when I got to church there was a mess out in front of the Fellowship Hall. A garbage can full of cups and plates from Wednesday night snack had been left out and some dogs or raccoons helped themselves. There was garbage everywhere. I was helping pick it up when I stepped on something. I thought it was a rock, but I was wrong. It was treasure! It was a class ring. Inside was a name, so there was no guessing as to whom it belonged. I know the mother of the owner and my first impulse was to give her a call and take it to her. Then I thought, 'What if she doesn't know it's missing?' followed closely by, 'What if HE doesn't know it's missing?'

Then I had a grand idea: an elaborate ransom plan! I took some pictures but they didn't come out too well. The first one was nothing but glare! The next one wasn't much better, but you can recognize the blue stone. But then I didn't know how to contact him. I got his cell phone # from another senior. (I knew I could count on her!) I sent him a text message, but never got a reply. I chickened out on the ransom and just sent him a friend request on Facebook. It took all afternoon to hear from him. And then he said I could just take it to his mom tomorrow or hold on to it until Sunday. No drama. : (

Oh, well. He'll get his ring back and I have a new friend.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that IS the blingiest class ring I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete