Friday, November 14, 2008

Homebody

M got a phone call at 6:30 this morning. I've noticed that is a time when all the kids without cell phones can be assured of their friends being home and awake. Well, if they're not awake, at least they'll be grateful for the wake-up call! This friend wanted M to attend some function after school today. Amazingly enough, my child declined. Today was her day to come home after school. I even heard her say as much yesterday when I picked her up after tutoring.

Monday, she goes to a percussion workshop at the high school. The middle schoolers are invited to work with the older kids, getting ready for serious competitions. Tuesday and Thursday, she is a study buddy. She helps someone with their math. It mostly consists of them doing homework together and she is available for questions. (I knew that math was her strong point in the 5th grade. She could do things that her teacher couldn't figure out!) Wednesday is a rush after school to get homework done and supper eaten and (for her) to get dressed stylishly to go to church. Oh, I go, too, I just don't worry about the stylish part!

Today is her afternoon/evening to stay home, and I say more power to her. Because when she goes, I have to go get her!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are raising a fine young lady there, MrsH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She learned it all from me. Except for the math. She's better at it than I am.

    ReplyDelete