Saturday, February 19, 2011

An Unexpected Moment of Peace

Have you ever had an unexpected moment of perfect contentment? 

A moment, however fleeting, when all was right with your world...

I experienced that today in a most unexpected place:  a skating rink!

I was there with about 60 kids, aged 12 to 18, 2 preschoolers, and a dozen or so adults.  I wasn't skating, but just sitting, watching the kids go by. 

There went El,surrounded by her 3 buddies, flashing me a big smile.

Then came Em, being pushed by a friend.

And then the eldest, sailing by with her young gentleman.

It was as if the Lord spoke to me:  'You are so incredibly blessed . All your children are here, with their church family, and there is no where else that they'd rather be.'

The feeling was so powerful that I almost cried.

It was such an unlikely place for the Lord to whisper in my ear. 
And considering the volume level of the music in that place, I'm amazed that I could hear Him

No comments:

Post a Comment