Wednesday, December 23, 2015

My First Sweater

I've been knitting for a few years now.
I started with scarves and blankets, moved on to hats













and finally got up the courage to try socks.




I figure now it's time to try my hand at a sweater.

I found a free Ravelry pattern called Purple Sweater by Jennifer Stark. She calls for a bulkier yarn than I wanted to use, so I'm making some adjustments.

I'm using a worsted weight yarn so it will take more stitches per inch.  I'm thinking if I knit a larger size with the smaller yarn, I'm going to be close. So I am knitting using the XL pattern numbers and I'll see how close it comes to the medium that I wear.

I started it while we were on our vacation. (Driving to Washington, D.C. gives the passengers PLENTY of time to keep their hands occupied!) I've completed about 40 rows so far.


We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment