Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Long time: No see

I was looking at the last post I made here and it was for a baby hat and sweater for T. That baby is 19 months old now! And so much has happened since that little sweater.

His 2 H-girl aunts gave him uncles. Yes, 2 weddings: the first in May and the last in August. Needless to say, last summer was a blur. Not only did 2 daughters get married, but 2 daughters moved about 800 miles away from me.  IN OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS! And one of them took my baby T with her.

We did all get together for Christmas in South Carolina, including Sr. Mrs. H. That was fun.

My friend and Co-Worker, ChurchSec, has provided my most recent projects. She was looking for baby shower gifts that were Star Wars themed and wanted to know if I could help. I smiled.
A few years ago, my youngest daughter gave me this book:

I've made several of the projects and thought I'd modify one to make a lovey for the expected new Star Wars fan.

This is what I came up with: the Yoda lovey.
He's made of cotton so he's completely washable. He's hand sized, so he doesn't take up much room. The perfect companion.

I wanted to make something else so I looked for an R2D2 graph that I could work into a washcloth.  I tried to copy a finished photo, but the poor thing looked way more like Robby the Robot from Forbidden Planet than our favorite droid.  I'll keep Robby to wash my dishes. I ended up graphing my own version of R2.


I've always loved graph paper! Now I have a real use for it.  A word of warning if you are wanting to graph for knitting: If you want your actual knitting to be proportioned like your graph, don't use square graph paper. You can download knit appropriate graph paper or make your own using Excel or google sheets. The columns need to be slightly wider than the rows are tall. If you just want to try it out with school graph paper, be aware that your knitting will be slightly wider than what the graph shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment