Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Nature of Miracles

I want to see a miracle, but I'm afraid there are some people in my family that are going to keep it from happening. These are people that I trust; but I trust God more. I think all we have to do is to believe that God is really going to do what he told us. But there are some who don't think it will happen, that we can't do it.

Isn't that the point? WE can't. THAT'S what makes it a miracle: when GOD does it. I've noticed something lately. (I've been reading Exodus: Moses and the Israelites) When God performs his biggest miracles, it happens right after an act of obedience. The Israelites were camped where God told them to camp, so they were in the right position to get the miracle. God told Moses to stretch out his hand over the sea to divide the waters. Moses did, and the people walked to the other side.

We keep saying we want to see a miracle, but just when God is ready to do it, we say, "We can't." And you know what? WE can't.

1 comment: