Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Visitors from the West

Mr. H's sister and her family have been visiting from Arizona for the last several weeks. They weren't staying at our house, but I wouldn't have minded. They stayed at Mr. H's mom and dad's, Mr. & Mrs. H, Sr. I have always loved my sister-in-law, but never more than Sunday afternoon. She wanted to sing with the family. We got Mrs. H, Sr. into the living roomto play the piano while Mr. H, his sister and I sang.

I must say, I wish old hymnals came in LARGE PRINT. It is very difficult to read microscopic print through bifocals over someone's shoulder. Three of the kids sat on the couch and listened (or made fun behind our backs) and the other 2 vacated the premises. Mr. H's dad would usually have joined us in our joyful noise, but he is just not quite up to it. He made requests and we did our best to find them. We're hoping he'll regain his strength, but sometimes we all fear not. We just don't talk about it.

The cousins from AZ are experiencing climate shock. I know it gets over 100 degrees regularly out there, but they don't have ANY humidity and hardly any bugs. The lone male cousin kept referring to it as mist. When we objected, he just pointed out that it's water in the air, isn't it.

I'm so glad that my children enjoy being with their cousins. I don't have any first cousins on either side of my family. I look forward to the day in the distant future when my children and their spouses and their children come to our house for Christmas. Mr. H's dad loves being a grandfather. I bet it runs in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment