Monday, September 24, 2007

Exquisite Worship

I need a word for worship last night. Not so I can go back there, but so I can keep it with me - Present. It needs to be something like 'exquisite,' but that word seems too small, too much like a gemstone. I need something bigger, as if you took 'exquisite' and exploded it so that it was a cloud that filled the room: so that you could breathe it in and feel it fill you; so that as you moved through it, you could feel and see it gather, sparkling, on your skin. This must be what it's like to be addicted to the Presence of God.

Is that what Isaiah saw when he saw the Lord "and the train of His robe filled the Temple . . . and the entire building was filled with smoke"?

Something big is about to happen. That many people can't have been in the Presence of the Lord for things to stay the same. He changes us so that we can become more and more like Him. I'm keeping my eyes open so I won't miss what's coming.

Later today, Dr. T is going to post some pictures of last night, but they won't come close to what being there was like. I can still feel it when I breathe.


No comments:

Post a Comment