Thursday, February 14, 2008

Best Valentine

Of all the Valentine cards or gifts I ever gotten, one year's surprise stands out. Mr. H bought a multi-colored stack of post-it notes, and, before I got up that morning, had them everywhere. The one on the bathroom mirror said something like "You are the image of love." There was one inside the washing machine, in the bread machine, on the vacuum cleaner, on the steering wheel of my car, inside my favorite coffee cup. They all had some little message associated with the location. I don't think I found all of them that day, so the joy of discovering hidden treasures lasted for several days.

I don't believe I've ever received a dozen roses or a heart shaped box of candy from him, but I'll remember the post-its forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment