Friday, August 20, 2010

Thoughts While Mowing the Grass

I listen to my mp3 player while mowing the grass.

I usually put it on shuffle and just let come what may.  I discovered several things today:

~When an accompaniment track comes on (that I have put on there to practice while I'm in the car) I am really happy that no one can hear me over the noise of the lawnmower.  I wear ear protection over the ear buds because I want to preserve my hearing.  That also means that I can't hear what's coming out of my mouth so it's probably WA-AAY-YY off-key!
~There are some songs that I simply cannot listen to while on the lawn mower because the key they are in clashes mightily with the resonant tone produced by the mower itself.  Even with the ear protection on, I can hear that tone.  "The Butterfly" on the Celtic Odyssey CD is one of those songs.
~On the other hand, there are some songs that blend beautifully with the drone of the Deere:  "Answer My Prayer" on Acappella's Sweet Fellowship CD works.

I got a bit over half our grass cut today.  Now to re-charge the Zune's battery, so I'll be ready for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment