Sunday, July 15, 2012

Yet Another Knitting Post

Not too long ago, I received an e-mail from LionBrand advertising a sale on Microspun yarn.  $1.85 per skein.  I couldn't resist.  I had no idea what I was going to make with any of it (I got several colors).

A few days after it arrived, I discovered a pattern on a knitting website called Ravelry.  It seemed just the thing.  It called for some #10 circular needles, which I do possess.  However, they are currently engaged in another project.  As a result, I am now the owner of some #11 interchangeable circular needles.

 The above picture is about 40% finished. It is knit from the top center, down and outward, so it's upside down here.

 I finished it this afternoon.  I wasn't sure that the 2 skeins of gray would be quite long enough, so I found some maroon bamboo silk in my basket (also a clearance item I got a couple of years ago.)  It's not quite perfect, but it will work very nicely once the weather cools off quite a bit. It's about 60 inches wide at the top and 29 inches long through the center.

 Here's a close-up of the design.  The maroon looks great around the outside edge.  Not counting the price of the new needles, it cost me less than $6.  It just doesn't get any better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment