Wednesday, May 15, 2013

It's definitely been a while since I've been here.  Em is graduating next week so this week is full.  Last night was class night.  She was received the trigonometry award, the Spanish II award, another one that I couldn't hear, and the overall math Hall of Fame.  The Hall of Fame award meant that when it was over (at 9 p.m.), she still had to stay for HoF pictures. . . and then pick up her cap and gown.  Neither of us had eaten before because she had to be there at 6 and by 9:30 she was starving.  I don't think we got home until 10.

Tomorrow is the Top 20 Banquet.  Em is #3, Class Historian.  I remember going with Andra 6 years ago.  It's always a competition among the students to see who can invite the favorite teacher before someone else takes him/her.  Em's teacher of choice just found out that he has a recognition ceremony for his own child that night and had to decline at the last minute.  She found a replacement in a hurry.

This will be a big year for Em.  Later this summer she is going to Romania on a mission trip. Then she'll be headed to Mississippi State.  Things are changing.

I'm trying to change a bit myself.  Instead of walking in the mornings, I'm trying to speed it up and run a bit, too.  I went 3 miles in 48:10.  The pace got progressively slower, which doesn't surprise me a bit. I started out at a 14:14/mile, the next was at 15:48 and the last was 16:17.  However, I was still moving when I got home, so I guess it's
 all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment