Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Under the Rainbow



I looked out early this morning, hoping to see part of the lunar eclipse, but it was overcast. Not even any stars were in sight. A bit later I heard the rain on the roof and hoped Mr. H's flight wasn't delayed out of Mobile.




The rain had stopped at our house by the time we left for school. Our drive to school and work takes us west on Hwy 612 every morning. This morning I noticed the beginnings of a rainbow up ahead of us and showed it to the girls.


Rainbows always seem so far away. Usually. . . but not this time. We came to a field and I happened to look out the passenger side of the windshield. The end of the rainbow was touching the ground in the field we were about to pass! Just before we came even with it, the rainbow disappeared and we were in the rain. I never knew it was possible to see the end of a rainbow. If Oz is over the rainbow, Agricola is under it.

No comments:

Post a Comment