Saturday, February 14, 2009

Music in the Family

Today is Solo & Ensemble Contest day is south Mississippi. M & L each played a solo and an ensemble (but not together). And they both made 1's in each!

Mr. H never went to solo & ensemble, which is surprising, since he is such a talented guy. I went every year from 7th through 12th grade. I have several medals, too. In fact, solo medals is all I ever had until I went to Callaway in the 11th grade. We made a 1 in sight reading one of the years I was there. I remember it because some of the guard girls had sight reading medals and couldn't play an instrument! I got a medal as drum major when I was in the 8th grade, but it was yellow just like the S&E medals.

I hope the girls keep using music in their adult lives. Mr. H and I are on a rotation to play the offertory once a month at church. He actually plays in our praise band every Sunday night. I love to watch him when he is in the groove. I think sometimes he surprises himself with how beautifully a song comes out.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had not hated taking piano lessons so badly and had paid attention. I would love to be able to play now. I would have also loved to have learned how to play the fiddle like my PaPa did.

    ReplyDelete