Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Creation and The Word

I've been meaning to write this out for over a week now.

The first Sunday in September, our Sunday School lesson was on the 19th Psalm. That's the one that ends with ..."May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."












The beginning of the psalm shows how creation itself points to God the Creator... "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands."

The rest of it is about the Word of God bringing us intimate knowledge of and a relationship with that Creator..."The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes."

I had a light bulb moment as I was sitting in my class: I am a part of creation. I can live my life in a way that points to God, but unless I open my mouth and actually introduce Him into the conversation of my life, no one will see that relationship. No one will be revived, no one will hear His wisdom, no one's heart will get that joy. They will still be blind.

It's another piece of the puzzle, those pieces that fit together to give us the big picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment