Sunday, December 23, 2007

It's a Small World

Maybe it's because I work at a church that has contacts all over, or maybe it's just because this is Mississippi, but a really strange thing happened today. We were on our way back home from my mom's house in Brandon. We were on 49 in Magee, stopped at the light in front of the Wal-Mart. Someone in the car in the lane next to us was waving and honking. I shaded my eyes and rolled the window down. It was Curt Hale,
blog post photo
the children's pastor at Pinelake. He has lead our Kid's Camps for the past several years. Just last week he spoke at our banquet for Children and Preschool workers. I love Curt. He and Noel and the boys were headed to his mom's for Christmas. After the light turned green and I rolled up the window, Mr. H looked at me and said, "I know I'm married to the church lady when we are hailed by children's ministers from churches in other cities." Have I mentioned how much I love my job?

2 comments:

  1. Now that is a cool encounter. Curt is one of my best friends. He is a super guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a small world, anyway, but I guess it's even smaller in the church community. Good post, Mrs. H. :)

    ReplyDelete