Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Early Riser

I got up early this morning to try and catch some of the Perseids meteor shower. It was a bit overcast this morning, not solid, though. Directly overhead was clear, but that's where the moon was shining brightly enough to cast a distinct shadow.

I did see a couple of meteors, streaking to the south. I think I saw a satellite, too, but it drifted behind cloud cover before I could determine for sure.

There must be a thunderstorm happening out in the Gulf somewhere. I could tell there was lightening but I couldn't see it directly. It was more like a distant light show that flashed that part of the sky every now and then. That was pretty cool itself.

Tomorrow, maybe the clouds will cooperate and we might be able to catch a few on the tail end.

No comments:

Post a Comment