Saturday, January 17, 2009

Letting Go

It had to go.

It had been my favorite, but it was way past its prime.

It was a gift from my eldest, with help from my youngest.

It was beautiful and perfect at one time, but not anymore.

The best purse I ever had was just falling apart at the seams...literally. The beads were leaving a trail everywhere I went. The lining was frayed along one end and so things were disappearing into the black hole, never to be thought of again. It was becoming a liability.

Today, Sr. Mrs. H wanted to go shoe shopping in Mobile. Mr. H was helping a friend move, so us girls headed to the mall. Sr. Mrs. H found the shoes she wanted. I wasn't interested in shoes, but ALL the purses were on sale. I decided to look around. And then I found it. I had seen some like it before, but they were too small. This one was perfect...or should I say purr-fect!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute. And very colorful.
    I use the same purse until it wears out. My mother always changes purses to match her outfit. Not me. Too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother Louise had a purse to match every pair of shoes she owned. I always thought that was incredible. She kept them in clear plastic shoe boxes in her closet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! That's a Laurel Birch print, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is.
    When I was in college, I had Kliban cat sheets and comforter. I still have the pillow cases. I made a pair of pj pants for a friend out of the sheets a few years ago: very soft with age!

    ReplyDelete