Friday, January 2, 2009

Perfect Evening

Monday, after our day in Los Angeles, we went down to the beach again. The sun had already set, but it wasn't dark yet. That is my favorite time of day. Everything seems softer then.

It just amazes me to see this much uninterrupted horizon.
This pier is in front of some mountains that just disappear into the ocean.

L loved playing in the water. This time she wore shorts even though it was cool outside and the water was downright cold.

You can't really tell from this picture, but these are pelicans. On this evening, a whole flock was soaring above the water, looking for fish. They would circle, then fold their wings and dive into the waves.
These little birds liked to run around in the receding water looking for stuff to eat.


The west coast is not someplace that I'd really like to live, but I suppose if I could spend the end of every day like this, I would survive.

2 comments:

  1. A friend told me this place I have been looking for, I come, it turned out, I have not disappointed, good Blog

    ReplyDelete