Sunday, May 24, 2009

6th Grade Sunday School

This morning I'm teaching the 6th grade Sunday school class. Over the years, I've done a lot of things with the children of the churches I've belonged to, but I don't think I've ever taught a children's Sunday school class.

This is El's class. They are out of elementary school, but haven't started at the middle school yet. It's rather a no-man's land in church-established age groups. They haven't been brought into the youth group yet, but they don't really want to be in children's anymore. After VBS, and especially after the youth get back from their summer camp, these former 6th graders will have a hard time fitting in with the children. I'm sure they'll make one more try when it comes to the children's camp at the end of July, though. Mark's camps are too good to miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment