Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Recent Life

We've had a lot of rain here in George County so far this spring. Usually it hits about the time school is out. I took this on the way home one day last week. I liked the way the clouds looked.

Along with the gray skies, other things were graying also. I thought I'd add some unnatural highlights (mostly blond) to the natural ones (white in the very front). I ended up with a rather leopard-y look. I like it.

Yesterday was awards day for George County 8th graders. Em (and the rest of the 8th grade band members) were recognized. She is the small red head in the white shirt being dwarfed by 2 large guys. I didn't realize that she was taller than Alex (2 people to the right in the maroon jacket)!!
After the awards they went out to the football field to practice for class night. I didn't realize they would be out there for several hours and neither did Em. When I picked her up after school, she looked as if her face, arms and knees had been spray-painted magenta. She didn't feel well enough to go to the class night ceremony, so we stayed home and had pizza and home made brownies. I got this cake plate from Mr. H's mom for Christmas. I use it for just about everything we bake.

Only 2 1/2 more days of school. I know they are ready for summer. Me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment