Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Shining Like a Lamp Forever

This morning I am reading in the 21st chapter of 2 Chronicles. It starts out with King Jehoshaphat (one of the good ones) dying and lists his 7 sons, the eldest of which he had appointed to be the next king. The first thing the new King Jehoram did was to murder his 6 brothers. And that was just the beginning of horrible things.

But in the midst of all this horror is verse 7 which stopped me short: But the Lord did not want to destroy David's dynasty, for He had made a covenant with David and promised that his descendants would continue to rule, shining like a lamp forever.

It made me think, what happened? Where did things go wrong? Am I raising my girls to shine like a lamp forever? Am I doing what it takes for this vision of God's to be fulfilled? God has such BIG plans for us and yet so often, we let Him down. I want my descendants to shine like a lamp forever, being a light in the darkness. That is what God wants from us: simply to reflect the Light that He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment