Saturday, February 6, 2010

Another Saturday, Another Ride

It's the weekend and it's not raining. That means we go riding.

Yesterday, I went to Hattiesburg and picked up my new jacket, so I was all set to go. We got El to take our picture in our (almost) matching jackets.

I am really pleased with my new jacket. The temperature was in the upper 40's today, but I didn't get cold. And that was without the thermal liner! I was wearing a sweatshirt and flannel shirt layered underneath and was very comfortable. It was too cool to wear my new gloves: they're not insulated at all.

We drove down to the Advance Auto Parts in Hurley, looking for an LED tail light. They didn't have anything that Mr. H was satisfied with, so he'll keep looking. The tail light assembly on Dr. T's bike has a problem, so Mr. H is going to solve it!

After leaving Advance, we went down the road to an empty parking lot and did figure 8's for a bit, then headed home by way of State Line Road. That is a beautiful road to ride on. There are places that must have been flooded yesterday. At one spot, both sides of the road looked like large ponds. Just past that, I got a big surprise: a sand hill crane took off from the side of the road and cut right in front of me! Those are really BIG birds! Boy, I'm glad we didn't collide!

Today's ride was great. We took some back roads that I'd never been on and spent a little time on Hwy 613 and Hwy 614. I stopped at stop signs without stalling out - a good thing! I turned from the highway onto side roads without stopping or otherwise impeding traffic behind me - another good thing. The best thing was that I was feeling more confident than I did last time out.

One of these days, I'll get to ride when the sun is shining and the wind isn't howling!

No comments:

Post a Comment