Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Riding Gear

We drove up to Hattiesburg Cycles this weekend. We wanted to see if they carried the jacket I want to get. They did have one, but only in a men's size medium. We have found that most places don't carry a lot of women's riding gear. I suppose there are not nearly as many women who ride as there are men.

Even though they didn't have one in my size to see how it fits, it was nice to put my hands on a sample of the jacket: so see how the zippers and snaps work, to check out the liner (and notice that the inside jacket pockets are duplicated on the liner so you don't loose use of them when it's cold!) Here's the link to one we ordered.

While we were there, I looked around at other stuff. I'm always on the lookout for gloves that fit. The ones I have are fine if I'm not doing anything other than holding on, but they don't fit snugly enough to suit me. Amazingly enough, I think I found the perfect glove. They are made by Joe Rocket and fit me...

...you got it...

like a glove!

When I took these pictures, I was wearing both of them. I was able to operate our little digital camera while wearing them. My fingers come all the way to the end, so there is no fabric or leather folded over at the ends. I am very happy with these.

Now, as soon as my jacket comes in, I'll be good to go...

I got an e-mail from a friend this morning proposing a motorcycle tour of Scotland. Hmmm..... I've always wanted to go to Scotland. We do have a year to get ready......

No comments:

Post a Comment