Saturday, October 18, 2008

Relationships

I had an epiphany this morning. I think it fits in with those "puzzle pieces" that I've mentioned in the "Shadows" posts. It's something that just fits, just falls into place. Here goes:

There are spiritual things, ideas, that a lot of people don't understand because they don't have active spiritual lives. But so many of those things have a way to be explained using a comparison to something in everyday life. (Now I understand that there are those that don't understand everyday life, either, and I don't think I can help them!) This morning, my epiphany was about relationships. The idea started last night.

Last night I was watching the latest episode of NCIS on the internet. I really like that show and I missed this week's installment while we were at the fair. I got on my computer, went to CBS.com and found the show. The screen below the window that plays the show has comments from other viewers. The most recent comment at the time was one that I agreed with wholeheartedly. This is what Irm23936 had to say:
Excellent episode. This show has always been character driven since the start. The cast is so good that it is easy to just follow stories about their lives and bee entertained regardless of the crime of the week.
I know exactly what this person is talking about. I would rather watch a show with characters I feel like I know than just watch the crime situations themselves. I love the Lord of the Rings movies, but my favorite is "The Fellowship of the Ring." It's the first one, the one where the relationships are formed, the one where everyone is still all together. Relationships are what life is all about. Would you rather go out to eat alone or with a friend? How about see a movie by yourself or with a buddy?

I have what my daughters call "my little cyber buddies." We talk to each other every day and on occasion get the chance to actually meet face to face. Those face to face times are great. Those who are at the face to face meetings usually take pictures to share with those who are too far away to be there. And those who can't be there are always a bit disappointed that the others can meet without them.

That's the way relationships work. God created us with a desire for relationships for a reason. He wants us to have a relationship with Him. He wants us to go places with Him. He wants us to share His adventures. And the more, the merrier. He wants us to bring our friends along with us. He wants our interaction to include Him because He has so many incredible things planned for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment