Friday, October 24, 2008

super scribbler

I was tagged for this Auspicious Award by my blog buddy Jen. She is the blogger who pens (or types would be more accurate) Traversal of Life. She shares her struggles and her joys, her ups and her downs, usually with passion and brutal honesty. There is not much doubt about how this girl truly feels about any topic she chooses to address.

I started blogging in July of 2007 after returning from my first motorcycle trip with my husband. I figured that was a great topic to begin with, especially since I had pictures to share. I have always liked to write, though. I love words: the pictures they create, the way they fit together, the way they can take you to a place you've never been. I remember once in high school, given the choice to read and critique 3 short stories or to write one of my own, I chose to write an original. Most of my writing over the next couple of decades was poetry, but with children came stories. And some stories begin with, "Guess what happened today!!"

According to the rules governing this Major Award (does that make you think of "A Christmas Story" and a fantastic floor lamp?), I must now tap 5 others to take up this torch. And the nominees are..........

1. My eldest daughter is by far one of THE best writers I know. Andra's Nameless Blog is the first blog I check every morning: not to see what my child is up to, but to see what she has to say about it. She makes me laugh AND she makes me think. Even if she weren't my daughter, she'd be my friend. I'm glad she's both.

2. Dr. Tommy Mitchell is my pastor. His blog, The Rurban Church Blog, is a great mix of spiritual insight and rurban culture. You can find out what's happening with our church family, Dr. T's immediate family, or odd stuff he's seen around the community. He also has a link there to his house-building blog named, oddly enough, The Mitchell House. I have the utmost respect for this man of God. He guides Agricola Baptist Church with a true shepherd's heart. And he's one of my best friends.

3. Mark Williams is the equipping pastor at ABC. His blog can be found at A day in the life of ...Mark Williams. That position was formerly called the minister of education at most Baptist churches. Mark writes mostly about his 2 children and his wonderful wife. You can feel the love he has for them jumping off the page. As I write this, he is on the other side of the world, sharing his talents with other families who are working for God's kingdom. Mark's heartfelt desire is to equip families and children's workers with the tools they need to pass on a Godly heritage to the children in their care.

4. Johnny Beaver is a man I've never met in person, but feel like he's my brother. The Beaver Blogger is a place to see what this former pastor (but still man of God) has found in God's Word recently. Well...there may be some other posts not related directly to what he read today, but I bet he'll connect it before he signs off. Bro. Johnny's wisdom shows me that God will use a person as long as he is willing to be used, not merely as long as he has a pulpit.

5. Last, but certainly not least, is one of my newest friends: dhcoop. Her blog is called It's just me. If Johnny is my brother, then Coop is my sister. She is new to blogging herself, but has been a blog commenter of the highest order for quite some time. Armed with her new digital camera, Coop is ready to document her world and share it with the rest of us. I love this woman's gift of encouraging others. If she were a guy, I'd call her Barnabus (son of encouragement), but that would probably get shortened to Barney, who was a purple dinosaur, when the name Kermit would probably make her happier.

Now that I have fulfilled all of the other rules associated with the Superior Scribbler Award, I must post the rules themselves. Without further ado, they are as follows:
  • Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
  • Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
  • Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Why, THANK YOU MrsH! I am honored with both the award and your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MRSH...Brutal honesty...That is one of my downfalls. I have always been brutally honest. Most of my friends either like that about me or they avoid me with the issue they have.

    I prefer honesty over a lie anyday. (I pad it sometimes so the blow won't be so hard).

    Thank you :) You were one of the first people I thought of. I love reading your words.

    ReplyDelete