Monday, September 29, 2008

Book Meme

I got tagged by Jen

* Grab the nearest book.
* Open the book to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your blog along with these instructions.
* Don’t dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST.
* Tag five other people to do the same.

"Let us fear to leave Him. Let us be always with Him. Let us live and die in His presence. Do you pray for me as I for you. I am,
Yours..."

This is from "The Practice of the Presence of God" written by Brother Lawrence in the late 1600's as letters to friends.

Boy, this makes me sound super spiritual, doesn't it? But really, I had forgotten where I put this book. It was beside my laptop under a pile of mail. And I haven't even gotten to page 56 yet and the whole thing only has 112 pages.

I tag my eldest, her best friend (the Mississippi girl), Dr. T, Leagle Eagle, and dhcoop.


No comments:

Post a Comment