Monday, September 29, 2008

Taste This: It's Nasty!

Earlier today, L and her little buddy from down the street both came running into the house wearing YUCK faces and making a bee-line for the sink. They leaned over the sink and squirted the spray nozzle into their mouths and did a lot of spitting.

I asked them what they had gotten into their mouths and they said they had tried a persimmon off the tree in our yard and it wasn't ripe.

Let's look a little more closely at this story: "a persimmon" and "it" wasn't ripe. Sounds like a single piece of fruit to me. Did they break it in half and try it simultaneously? Or was it more like, "Eeeewww!! Taste this! It's NASTY!!"
"Ooooo, really? OK."

3 comments:

  1. That is a running joke at our house. Anytime someone says, "Taste this." the other person automatically says, "It's nasty, isn't it?" Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I've always heard that a persimmon seed is shaped like either a spoon, fork or knife. I don't think I've ever eaten a persimmon to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have eaten a persimmon, but I guess they have mind-numbing properties because I don't remember the seed at all.

    ReplyDelete