Friday, September 5, 2008

Shadows: Intro (part 3)

Here's a third question I looked at before I started this study:

3. Where is the Presence of the Lord? He tells us Himself over and over:

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. --Isaiah 41:10

"Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD. --Jeremiah 1:8

Stay in this land for a while, and I will be with you and will bless you. For to you and your descendants I will give all these lands and will confirm the oath I swore to your father Abraham. --Genesis 26:3

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead. Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give men in exchange for you, and people in exchange for your life. Do not be afraid, for I am with you. . . --Isaiah 43:2-5

And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. --Matthew 28:20

So, if He is with us always, WHY ARE WE STILL LOOKING FOR HIM?

Think like a small child again. You're in a big store, you look beside you, and Mom is not there. Where did she go? We know that a parent would not sneak off and leave the child. Sometimes the child wanders. Sometimes the child is just looking in the wrong direction and can't see that the parent is still close by. God has not left us: we are precious and honored in His sight. We don't have to be afraid because God is here: we are simply looking in the wrong direction to find Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment