Monday, September 15, 2008

A Wii Little Journey

A couple of months ago, our Wii died. No lights, no power, nothing. This summer being what is was, the Wii was not at the top of my priority list. It came back up there when we were stuck in the house when Gustav came through. I got out the receipt (yes, I still had it!) and saw that not only did I buy it in February 2008, but I also bought a 2 year warranty.

I called the number for the extended warranty and they pointed out that it was still under the original manufacturer's warranty and gave me the phone number. The process was much simpler than I thought it would be. Nintendo e-mailed a FedEx shipping label to me along with instructions on how to pack it and what to send and not to send. I had to go buy some bubble wrap (less than $2.50), but that's my only expense. I'll drop it in the drop off box tomorrow and we'll see how long it takes us to get back to Guitar Hero concerts.

Oh, yeah, here's a hint: if you find a power failure troubleshooting suggestion for removing the the battery from its compartment, DON'T DO IT!!! Whatever that little screw (that holds the battery compartment closed) screws into will fall off and rattle around inside the console.

No comments:

Post a Comment