Saturday, July 5, 2008

A Day of Normalcy

I looked at the calendar yesterday and wondered what happened to June. I think the last normal day I had was May 29th. That was Mr. H and my 26th anniversary. We went out for dinner and I left the next morning to go see Mom in the hospital in Rankin County. The next 35 days are a blur. Now it's time to get my world back into focus.

I think today will be a day of "normal"things. First of all, there is a TON of laundry to do. M has to pack, which I know means wash first, because she leaves tomorrow for Panama City Beach and Big Stuf Camp. We plan on going to see "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull." I'll probably cook something for the first time in weeks. (unbelievable!!)

As soon as M gets back from camp, it's L's turn. She is going to Kid's Camp with our children's ministry. Gary Permenter and Curt Hale are leading this year. I love both those guys. I was supposed to be going on both camp trips as a chaperon, but I canceled because I thought I'd be home with Mom. Right now, I'm glad I did. I'm going to go to Cincinnati with Mr. H on the 14th. We'll leave here Monday morning and ride his bike up to Tupelo to catch the Natchez Trace up to Nashville, then on to Ohio. I can't wait for this trip. We need to reconnect after the past month. He's got a new dry-bag for the computers, so we can stay connected and post pictures along the way. He is busy mapping out routes and planning stops for sights along the way. I'm just along for the ride this time.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how we take being able to do "normal" things for granted? Hope this is a wonderfully relaxing and normal day for you.

    ReplyDelete