Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mom & the Lion

Okay...
Here's a picture of my mom that I'd never seen until I was looking through an old shoebox of pictures.Why have I never seen this picture? Why do I not know why my mother is holding a lion cub that looks like it weighs as much as she does? Why do I not know a great story to go with this picture? She certainly looks like she's having more fun than the feline.
There is nothing on the back to tell me when or where it was taken. I'm assuming it was either at a Shrine clown convention (my dad was a real clown) or maybe when the circus came to town. Inquiring minds want to know.

6 comments:

  1. Wouldn't you love to go back in time so you could ask those questions you think of now that they are gone? I'd love to know the story behind that one too. She is a beautiful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious!! But you are right, she looks like she's having a LOT more fun than the cub!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever the story... she is braver than I would ever be!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one adorable picture! How precious to be able to see these things to comfort you at this time. Isn't that just like our wonderful God?

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's always been a cat lover, huh? Love that pix!! Can't wait to show the boys their Mamaw Sandra!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great picture! You sure favor your Mother.

    Now go grab you a lion and get a snapshot.

    ReplyDelete