Monday, June 22, 2009

Dr. Pepper vs. The Shark

El asked me to get her a Dr. Pepper while I was in town this afternoon. I thought I'd surprise her (since she's without Em to keep her company this week) and get a 24 pack. And then I thought I'd put a couple in the refrigerator to cool off. I got the first one out of the pack fine. The next one slipped out of my hand and hit the concrete floor hard. It immediately opened and sprayed its contents all over me and my kitchen. When I say all over, I mean ALL OVER. My hair was wet and sticky. I couldn't see because my glasses were covered. My Team Keldon shirt and my jeans must have absorbed most of the liquid, because the can was empty but the puddle on the floor was smaller than I was expecting. (still pretty big but not 12 ounces worth!)

Was I mad? Did I say ugly words? Nope! I thought to myself, "This is a great time to try out my new mop!" Granted, it's not a regular mop: it's a steam mop. My favorite mother-in-law gave it to me this weekend and I hadn't had a chance to try it out. After soaking up the puddle with a towel and changing out of my saturated shirt and jeans, I gave it a whirl.

Oooooo.... I like!

Then I wished I had something like that to clean all that Dr. Pepper stickiness off the front of the stove, the dishwasher, and my upper and lower cabinets!.

No comments:

Post a Comment