Saturday, June 27, 2009

Family Union Cookies

A few weekends ago, we went to a family reunion. Mr. H's grandmother brought some of his favorite cookies. He wanted me to get the recipe, so I called Grandma the next week and got the recipe. She got it from her mother, known to the family as Big Mother (even though she was a tiny little woman!) Grandma told me that Big Mother called them Swedish Spritz cookies. I looked them up and found that they can be made by using a cookie press. I have one that my grandmother gave me that I've never used. I thought this was the perfect time to bring the 2 sides of the family together in the kitchen.

The recipe and the press

Little flowers ready for the oven
The disk I used and the finished flowers

El picked out the first disk for us to try. I think it was the best choice. She suggested the one with parallel slots next. And then I wanted to try the x or + (depending on how you look at it). I'm not sure what the result is supposed to look like. All the cookies beside it in the following picture came from the same disk.
All in all, I think the flower came out best, but they ALL taste good. I couldn't get anything that resembled a cookie using the disk that is just little dots. It produced what looked like blonde chocolate chips. We ate the nine little chips raw, changed disks, and moved on.

I am so pleased with the results. I just wish that Big Mother and Mo Nell could see the results. I'm going to make sure that Grandma sees the union.

No comments:

Post a Comment