Monday, June 29, 2009

New Office Art

I got new artwork for my office this weekend. Friday night, El brought me a picture she had drawn and then painted. I was so impressed, I asked her if I could hang it in my office. It's based on a picture in a library book she checked out this week, but with some changes she liked. I love the sun (which is not like the picture in the book!)
I hung it above this picture that Em did a few years ago. It is based on the 23rd Psalm. Dr. T was preaching through Psalms and thought the 23rd would be good for an art show. Anyone who wanted could draw their interpretation and the artwork was displayed on easels on the platform that night. Em's came from verse 6, "...and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." (check out the side of Jesus' throne: forever is a long time and she wanted Him to be comfortable!)

This was my vision of the 23rd Psalm, based on verse 3, "He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake." I love all the different names for God in the bible. I tried to get the path of righteousness idea in there along with names for His different roles in the Psalm.

So now you know what I see when I sit at my desk. It's a nice view.

1 comment: