Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Family Night

I love VBS family night. There are lots of people that come to see their children have a good time. We have tried to make it as family friendly as possible. We have hot dogs, drinks and chips for anyone who shows up. There are inflatables, a train and a rock wall for the kids. This year we had a dunking booth. Mark told the kids that if they raised $500 by today for our missionary project, he would get in the dunking booth. He was looking pretty soggy when I was closing up my office!

And I got pictures of none of that! I was too busy inside and by the time I got outside and located El, she was on her way down the rockwall! And I had choir practice, too. I'm betting someone else has pictures they'll post.

What I did get pictures of tonight was the line up outside at just before 6:30.

There were kids everywhere.

This shot is of 1 section of our sanctuary. It was reserved for the preschoolers and babies whose moms were working in VBS. I love the 6 seat stroller. That's it on the front row next to the lady on her knees.

I know it's selfish of me, but my favorite part is when ALL the kids get on the platform together and sing a song that we have worked on during the week. I get to lead 200 voices and 400 hands praising God! I live all year for that moment. I am so thankful that my Heavenly Father asks me to do this job for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment